A prophet is one who predicts the future. If any of their predictions do not come true then they are a false prophet. Harsh, but true.
Yet they do predict and they do not speak true and they still become founders of religious branches with large numbers of followers. What often lures them in is the lock they have on predicting the coming of Christ or the end of the world.
Everything could be wonderful but all prophesying would end the world, but they are all still a false prophets. So the question of being a prophet or not, is fixed. The operative idea then is to not predict anything that can be nailed down, like Nostradamus, clever blogger that he was.
If Jesus said He did not know a date, and that only the Holy Father knew that date, then I would suggest to myself not to predict anything to do with that date.
This should be quite evident if the prediction can be nailed down and proved to have happened or not, like tomorrow's weather. The date should be safely punted into the far future, far enough so as not to interfere with the truth of it for a long time.
As for myself, I noticed early on that my ideas changed as time grew over them and planted refinements, I thought, better constructed ideas on top of them. I think a good prediction should be couched in a good quote.
For instance, a penny saved is a penny earned.
Another might be, penny wise is penny foolish.
Yikes, now I've gone and done it!

No comments:
Post a Comment